This page is a work in progress and currently includes readings that we have used in past offerings of the course. We currently have links to useful books, but we will continue to add links to websites, blogs, and other articles as we collect them. Please feel free to use the comments below to send us links to add.
On Great Ideas
- Thomas Kuhn, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
- James Adams, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
- James Burke, Connections
Writing and Speaking
- Strunk and White, The Elements of Style
- Justin Zobel, Writing for Computer Science
- Joey Asher, Even a Geek can Speak
- Eugene Greissman, Time Tactics of Very Successful People
- G. Polya, How to Solve It
Case Studies of Researchers
Blogs, Articles, etc.
Compendiums of General Advice